General dentistry is the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of dental problems. General dentistry is the array of treatments and interventions that allow you to achieve and maintain outstanding oral health. Some of the most common procedures within this area of dentistry include:
- Annual x-rays
- Discussion of your dental health and dental goals
- Teeth fillings
- Crowns or other restorations to save vulnerable teeth
- Teeth extractions
- Root canal treatment
The cleanings and exams you schedule every 6 months are the bedrock of your care. These appointments keep dental health on the right track.
The Importance of General Dentistry
There are many reasons to visit our dentists every 6 months! Routine care is important to:
- Prevent teeth decay
- Keep your teeth as stain-free as possible without teeth whitening
- Make sure your gum tissue is healthy and strong
- Address any dental problems before they worsen
To become a general dentist, the doctor must complete at least four years of dental school after undergraduate education.
To specialize in a specific area of dentistry – such as oral surgery – the dentist most complete additional post-graduate training. The dentists at our practice have diverse backgrounds, but all are extensively trained and educated in the field of dentistry, all holding either D.D.S. or D.M.D. degrees and having years of experience to guide them in your care.
"What About Family Dentistry?"
The general dentists at our practice are proud providers of family dental services. This means all the members of your family – from youngest to eldest – can receive care under the one roof of our office. We can provide pediatric appointments, appointments specific to seniors' dental health concerns, and everything in between.
Here are some of the ways we work to better serve families –
- Dentistry for kids: Toddlers should be brought to the dentist around the time the first tooth appears. We'll make sure their gums look healthy and that no decay or infection is arising. Our experienced family dentists know how to start our youngest patients off on the right foot when it comes to dental health.
- Dentistry for teens: From orthodontics to routine care, teens have their own set of dental concerns. We find custom solutions that work for your teen's bite, dental health and smile appearance, so that they can enjoy the confidence of healthy, straight teeth in the years ahead.
- Dentistry for adults: In the hustle-and-bustle of our adult lives, it's easy to neglect routine dental appointments, but it's so important to schedule these visits. Taking care of your teeth and gums is as important as it's ever been in your life. You want your teeth to last a lifetime and to look good as well. Dentistry helps you achieve these outcomes.
- Dentistry for senior adults: You're never too old for a great smile and outstanding dental health! The dentists at our practice help you maintain healthy teeth to promote a lifelong smile.
Arrange a Consultation with our General Dentists
The summer may be the perfect opportunity for your family to arrange routine visits to the general dentist. With kids out of school, it may be easier to find an opening in your schedule. We have four Omaha locations for increased access across our city. To book an appointment, please call our helpful staff in Hillsborough: 402-445-4647, Ralston: 402-733-4441, Village Point: 402-505-7474, or Dundee: 402-502-5593.