When you get your teeth whitened, you want the results to last. You don't want to keep going back for treatment every few weeks or months. If you take proper care of your teeth after whitening, you can help to protect your results and enjoy a beautiful, white smile for a long time. Here are a few tips on how to do just that.
What's Teeth Whitening?
There are many ways to whiten teeth, but bleaching is the most common method. Teeth whitening is a popular cosmetic treatment that helps to achieve brighter, whiter teeth. The treatment can be done at home using over-the-counter products or at a dentist's office.
What Are the Benefits of Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening has many benefits, both for oral health and overall self-confidence. Teeth whitening can help to remove stains and discoloration from the teeth, making them look brighter and more youthful. In addition, teeth whitening can also help to protect the teeth from future staining and discoloration.
Getting your teeth whitened is a simple and effective way to improve your smile. If you are considering teeth whitening, talk to your dentist to find out more about the best option.
Retaining Your Results
To maintain your results after you get your teeth sparkling white, you can do the following:
- Keep your teeth clean by flossing and brushing twice a day
- Keep up with regular dental checkups and cleanings at The Dentists of Omaha
- Do not use any tobacco products
- Brush your teeth with a whitening toothpaste
- If you drink red wine, soda, tea, or coffee, try using a straw
- You should brush your teeth and rinse your mouth after consuming stain-causing foods and drinks
- Since teeth whitening isn't permanent, you may need to repeat the procedure every year or two.
Can Everyone Get Teeth Whitening?
If you have dental bridges, veneers, or crowns, teeth whitening may not be effective. You will learn whether teeth whitening is right for you when you meet with The Dentists of Omaha.
Keep Your Smile Bright and Healthy
We can help you maintain a bright, healthy smile, or if you want to get a stunning smile, schedule an appointment with The Dentists of Omaha online or by phone. You can reach us at any of our locations by calling 402-445-4647 for Hillsborough, 402-505-7474 for Village Pointe, 402-733-4441 for Ralston Square, or 402-502-5593 for Dundee.